Monday 5 December 2011

A change of heart

I made this bead a while ago and when I took it out of the kiln, I decided I didn't like it and banished it to my not-nice-enough-to-sell-but-not-bad-enough-for-the-fugly-jar pot. But I found it again the other day and I can't for the life of me see why I didn't like it! For me, it brings to mind weekends spent at Leysdown beach on the Isle of Sheppey, a lovely beach that always seemed to be bleak and deserted, even at the height of the season. My family had a little chalet right on the beach and we spent many a wild, wet and windy winter weekend there (alliteration unintentional!).


So I guess it's worthwhile going through all my beads once in a while, just to see what treasures are still lurking amongst my rejects! Anyway, I have listed it on Ebay, along with some others, so if you like it too, pop over there and take a look :)

2 comments:

Nelli Rees said...

I have a lot of beads like this, so now if I don't like it, I just put it away and "discover" it about 6 months later, and more often than not it looks beautiful! I think, we live "too close" to our beads, and once in a while we need... a break from our bead making!

steufel said...

That is truly a treasure!